Thursday, July 10, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday {7-10-14}

Hi everyone and welcome to Positive Thinking Thursday!  This is the place where we can all link up and share positive thoughts with each other.  Your post doesn't have to be anything major and your thought can be about anything.  I hope you will join us!
I have been learning a lot about using technology in the classroom.  This next school year, we will become a 1:1 classroom, with each student having access to a Chromebook.  Lots of opportunities await, but I think it's also important not to forget the good 'ol things that you and I grew up with.

Hence, this week's positive thought:
So. True.
It's so fun to see the difference in kids when they become unplugged. I'm not saying that computers and technology is bad, please don't misunderstand me, but I also think they remove some of the creativity and freedom that comes from free play.  (That's one of the reasons that when we have to have inside recess due to weather, I don't allow play on the computers...go find a board game, markers, or a deck of cards to play with.) It's all about balance...

Anyone feeling what I'm feeling?




Thanks for stopping by!  Have a positive day!!

5 comments:

  1. I really like this quote. I think our kids spend to much time on electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more!! And guess what? I still love scented markers, legos, stickers, board games and all that good stuff too! You're never too old to love "kid stuff."

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! I love that quote. It is true that it is all about balance. That's amazing that each student will have access to a Chromebook! So many possibilities.

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote!! And great idea to have an unplugged indoor recess! I will implement that next year!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the quote! The last time I picked up my grandson, he had the iPad with him. All summer, he has not had it, and we have been just fine without it. :0) Needless to say, it hardly got used at all. :0) My response to him, "We like to visit with you, listen to you read to us, and go outside, you know." :0)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)