Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Peek at My Week {7/27/14}

Hi everyone!  Welcome to this week's A Peek at My Week, my weekly linky party where we can all share a glimpse into our upcoming week.
Before I begin, I want to thank everyone who has left a comment on my post from Friday to help me find an alternative to the dreaded reading log.  If you haven't had a chance to comment and would like to, you can visit my post here.  I love all of the ideas shared so far and am curious what other ideas are out there.

OK...on with this week's events.

Our exchange student, Cecile, returns to France on Tuesday.  {Big frown face}  It has been a wonderful three weeks that we have spent with her and we will miss her when she goes.
Since this week also begins the month of August, that means it is time for the Wisconsin State Fair!  Going to the fair is an annual tradition for our family.  Who can resist fried cheese curds and cream puffs galore? Not me!

Also this week, I will be working on putting together the details for a writing class I am teaching for my district on August 4th.  I'm going to try something new -- putting all the handouts on Livebinder.  This will not only save paper (you're welcome, Dan! :), but also ensure that the documents are available when anyone is looking for them.  Do you have any experience with using Livebinder?  I'd love your tips!

An InLinkz Link-up
One last thing....Beginning Monday, there is an AWESOME giveaway going on over at Mrs. Spangler in the Middle to celebrate her blogiversary.  Stop by and enter to win...often!
Thanks for stopping by & have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Fried cheese curds??? That sounds sooooo good! I gotta visit WI someday; it's where my dad was from and it's the land of CHEESE!!! Oh, how I love cheese...
    Good luck teaching that writing class! I've never heard of Livebinder. That sounds pretty cool and much more convenient.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I too have never heard of Livebinder but will definitely be checking it out. :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Livebinder? I'm intrigued.

    It's so great that you had an amazing experience with your French student. I spent my Jr. year of college in Paris, and Cecile is so lucky to have had such a fun family to stay with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked into Livebinder at the end of summer last year, but I don't know a whole lot about it. That was actually on my list for this summer, but I'm not sure I am going to get to it. :(

    I am glad you had fun with your exchange student. I always thought that was a great program.

    Enjoy the fair!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)