Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Peek at My Week {7-20-14}

Hello friends! Thanks for stopping by A Peek at My Week, the place where we can all link up and share our plans for the upcoming week.  I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
This week, we are still on the move showing our exchange student, Cecile, the wonders of American life.  So far, we have visited the Milwaukee Art Museum, Festa Italiana, Bastille Days and Gurnee Mills (for shopping!).  This week, we will visit the Wisconsin Dells, Chicago, and Six Flags Great America.  I know that when Cecile goes home on July 29th, we will all need a nap!

In between all this sight seeing, I am trying to get some reading done. Back in June, I had all these great plans for all the books I wanted to read this summer.  Needless to say, time is not being my friend and even though I'm finding ways to sneak in reading (as Donalyn Miller points out in Reading in the Wild), there just don't seem to be enough minutes in the day to do what I want to do.

However, I am working my way through one book that I just love that I wanted to share with you. (I have nothing to gain here -- just sharing a good book. :)  Have you heard of Classroom Habitudes by Angela Maiers? I am learning so many great ways to build 21st century habits and attitudes with my students for next year. This is a great character ed book and includes awesome activities to help students become self-directed learners.


An InLinkz Link-up
Thanks again for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exhausting week ahead - make sure you stop to rest!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I had great plans in June:(. So much still to do, and so little time left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little homesick reading your post...we moved from WI to NC 3 years ago, and all of the places you mentioned are little bits of home! We didn't get to travel back to WI this summer, so maybe I'm missing it more than usual. Although they did open up a Culver's across the border in SC...frozen custard and fried cheese curds just an hour away :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the same boat. You should see all the books I brought home. I am hoping to get through at least a few more before we head back to school. Between house projects, family events, and everything else, the time is just flying!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to live in Gurnee and went to the mills and six flags ALL the time! Such a blast from the past!
    Jen
    Endeavors in Education

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)