Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Peek at My Week {7-13-14}

It's Sunday which means it's time for this week's edition of A Peek at My Week, my weekly linky party where we can all share our plans for the upcoming week.  Even though it's summer, us teachers still have a lot going on, don't we?  I hope you'll join in!
Our exchange student from France, Cecile, arrived last Tuesday night.  She is just wonderful and I am so glad she is here! Last week, we took her to the Bastille Days celebration in Milwaukee to show her how Americans celebrate French independence. (She thought that was pretty cool.) This week, we will be going to the Milwaukee Art Museum and Festa Italiana, along with doing some shopping.
Cecile made quick friends!

This week will be week #2 of Teachers Write 2014.  This daily writing camp for teachers is a great way to explore new ideas in writing and to work on (or begin) your own writing.  I have learned so many great things already! If you'd like to check out what's going on or join in, you can click here. Remember, teachers who write make the best teachers of writing.  :)
Also this week, my baby is turning 15.



Whatever it is you are doing this week, I wish you a great one!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. How much fun for the whole family! Three weeks is a perfect amount of time for a summer visit. Linking up after the mini-pack and I get back from our walk:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis jaloux! I would love to have a foreign exchange student- especially one from France. I took two years of French in college and I think it is a beautiful language!! I hope you have an amazing fun-filled week!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your enjoying your exchange student. Fun experience for all. : )
    Your baby is 15....awww, she looks very sweet. Whatta lucky girl to have such a pretty cake too!
    And your doggies are just precious. Give 'em a lil' kiss for me. ; )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great experience - having an exchange student. I imagine it is making you see and do things you might not normally do in your own community. Hope things are going well with the writing - can't wait to hear more about it : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)