This week I'd like to share an online e-book program called Tumblebooks.
Like the product description says, Tumblebooks are animated and narrated picture books that students can watch on the SMART Board, computer, or iPad. There are tons of stories to choose from, both fiction and nonfiction. Many of the stories are even AR books (if that matters for your students.)
How do I use Tumblebooks in my classroom?
- During snack time, I will sometimes play a Tumblebook
- Students listen and follow along to a Tumblebook during DEAR time to hear fluent reading and to practice moving their eyes along a page faster
- Students can watch Tumblebooks at home (if your school allows this)
- We will watch some of the nonfiction stories to introduce a topic we will be studying in science
- I sometimes use Tumblebooks to spark writing ideas or "finish the story" writing
(And no, I am not receiving any compensation from Tumblebooks....just sharing a great reading resource! :)
Tomorrow is the last day to enter my math Number of the Day Task Card Giveaway! Two lucky winners will be chosen. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway