Monday, July 1, 2013

Ready For Some {Linky} Parties???

Hello blogging buddies!  I hope this blog post finds you all well and ready for a fun week!  Since it's Monday, there are lots of linky parties to attend so here we go....
I just love Tara's Monday Made It  party.  I has really reminded me that I need to nurture the creative side of myself throughout the week.  I made THREE trips to Hobby Lobby this week!  (Good thing it's close by!)  Here's what I made:

Take one pillow form.
(Found at Hobby Lobby)
Add one pillow cover. 
 (Found at Hobby Lobby)
Stuff the pillow inside the cover.
(Rosie is trying to help.)
Zipper it shut.
Hot glue some decorations on it to personalize it.
(Found at Hobby Lobby in the paper crafting section.)
And there you go!
Beautiful and so incredibly easy!! 
And it is Puggle approved!
 

At last week's Monday Made It party, I saw these adorable teacher gifts at Head Over Heels for Teaching and I knew I just had to make one.

 So here is my version:

This will come in very handy...especially since I can't ever find my Post-its when I need one!
You can click HERE if you want to know how to make one for yourself (or someone else!).  Super easy...all you need to do is be able to operate a paper cutter and a hot glue gun!  Love it!!

Moving on to Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road's Eating, Drinking and Linking party.  There are some great recipes here!  I hope you will check them out for yourself.
 Since simplicity is the name of the game this week, I will share my recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Dip.  It is my husband's favorite thing to have when we are having company.  Why not bring some to your Fourth of July picnic?

Loaded Baked Potato Dip
1 16 oz carton sour cream (I use light)
1 pkg dry ranch dressing
1/2 cup Oscar Mayer bacon bits
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 T chives, finely chopped

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix.  Sprinkle more cheese, bacon bits and chives on top. Serve with potato chips, fries, crackers or veggies.  Saves well (as if there is ever any left to save... : )
 Loaded Baked Potato Dip
 
Next, and staying with the simplicity theme, I'd like to share something that I can't live without for Sabra's Teaching with a Touch of Twang Must Have Mondays.   

 
I am TRYING to eat more healthy foods so getting my daily dose of veggies is very important.  I really, really dislike steaming my own veggies because it makes a big mess (two pots to wash) and very often, I overcook the veggies until they are mushy.
 
Enter Ziploc Zip & Steam bags...
 
Simply rinse your veggies, pop them into the bag, seal it tight and microwave it as directed on the bag.  We sure are eating A LOT more veggies since I found these babies!
 
And finally.....THANK YOU for following me on Bloglovin'!!  I have been blown away by the amount of people who signed up to follow me and who entered my giveaway.  Congratulations to Layla H. & Charlene S. who were the two winners of my complete Word Parts We Know unit.  If you didn't win but would still like to pick up one of these for yourself, head over to my TpT store.
 
Thanks also for reading this VERY long post!!  :)  Lots going on today....I'm off to pick strawberries with my favorite aunt then we will be making freezer jam this afternoon.  Yum!
 
Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. The pillow looks beautiful and apparently your pup thinks so too. :) I love the steam bags. You are right, they are a must-have.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is almost as cute as Rosie:). I love the ziplock bags! Throw a chicken breast in with some veggies and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hadn't seen the Zip & Steam. I'll have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you are so creative! I love your pillow!

    Megan
    Fun In 5th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow! I think I might look to make a few like this for my classroom for my class library so it's nice and comfy and cozy for my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loaded baked potato dip looks like the perfect thing for a summer party! Great job on the pillow, I love that you can decorate without having to sew!

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly I love that pillow!!!! Such a smart idea. I will be copycatting that one!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've been busy! Thanks for the shout out! You're so sweet! Your post-it frames look fantastic! What about that pillow? So clever!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pillow! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your pillow! I have almost bought those chevron pillow cases myself. I wouldn't have thought of attaching the accents, though. Very cute!

    ~Leslie
    http://thetallytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a puggle too and she would love that pillow (I'm sure she'd love chevron as much as I do!)

    That dip looks fantastic too! I'm definitely going to have to try that! Thank you so much for linking up!! :)

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog is the cutest!!! I love the post-it holder you made! I definitely want to make one of those too!
    Just started following your blog!

    Carrie
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so EXCITED to make the Post-It note holders and make someone make me the Baked Potato Dip! Lol! I love that your dog's name is Rosie; that is my nickname! Now, "I" am "your" newest follower! :)

    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)