Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It {July 29, 2013}

My daughter says I have gone into crafting overdrive...That's probably true considering I have been busy with the National Writing Project for the past three weeks.  (She has even started calling my office/craft room the "Mom Cave"-- Love it!!) I was excited to get back to it this weekend and to catch up on making some of those great ideas I found out in blog land.

Just in time to link up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!  YAY!!
 
Project #1:  Dry Erase "Erasers"
Tired of students never having an eraser for their dry erase marker?  Hot glue pompoms on the end and they'll never be without an eraser again!  I've seen this idea all over Pinterest so I don't know who to give the original credit to, but I thank you for your creativity!
 Project #2:  Cute Corner Bookmarks


So cute and SO EASY!  Found this idea on Pinterest and tracked down the original website here.  I am thinking about making one for each of my students for their first day goody bag.
 
Project #3:  Clothespin Magnets  

 
Found these beauties in the dollar bin at Michael's and they hopped right into my cart!  I glued some magnet strips on the back of a few and on a few others, I hot glued a tack to use as a push pin.
 Project #5:  Behavior Beads from Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera.
I bought these the very first day I saw them because I love the idea of brag tags. She has so many fun varieties! I found some chain necklaces at Hobby Lobby and went to work with my laminator.  This week, I have worked on cutting the sheets apart and putting them in a storage case.
 Kara helped me cut the necklace chains...
Some words of advice if you take on this project...
1.  Print them on WHITE cardstock, not colored cardstock.  Look at the difference it makes...The first guy looks normal, the second looks sunburned, the third looks ill and the fourth looks sad.  I am going to get some more white cardstock for the rest I need to print.
2. To make hole punching them easier, cut the page into three strips, hole punch with a tiny hole puncher, then cut into individual cards.
3.  To store them, I would rubber band them into groups.  It makes it easier to get them out of the case and let's say you get a visit from your Puggle who overturns the whole case because she's trying to convince you that you need to go feed her, you won't be separating them again.  I'm just saying it could happen...

Project #6:  Chair Book Pockets
In addition to being a Monday Made It project, this next project is an organizational tool, which qualifies me to link up with Optimum Organization with Fun in Room 4B and Ladybug's Teacher Files.  (I just made this linky party at the last minute...this is their last week!  :)
I grew tired of my students shoving their (my) paperback books into their desk and ruining the covers.  Also, whenever we moved desks or brought our chairs to group work, the students always had trouble making sure they got THEIR chair back.  So I came up with this plan....

Buy some Home Depot fabric tool belts for 77 cents each.
 I made some student numbers to print and glue onto cardstock.  The Home Depot logo is about 4 inches square, but I picked orange cardstock in case I didn't cut it exact.  (I'm a little OCD with that...)
Talk your daughter into laminating them since she's sitting around waiting for you to take her to the horse farm anyways.... 
 Hot glue (lots of glue!!) to cover the Home Depot logo.
 Attach to the back of your students' chairs.  (You can see that it even works on my kitchen table chair!)
I have made the numbers available in my TPT store to save you the trouble of making your own numbers if you'd like to do this too!  However, if you pin this project and leave me the URL of your pin, I can send you the numbers for FREE!  It's a win-win!!  (Just make sure you are not a "no reply blogger.  Not sure?  Visit Ideas by Jivey for a tutorial to find out.)

Can't wait to see what everyone else has done this week!

27 comments:

  1. I need a Mom Cave!!!! My making/creating has taken over my bedroom!!! Such cuteness this week:) Thanks for linking up:))


    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair pocket Home Depot aprons. I can definitely use these.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/279786195573616319/
    Thanks,
    Ursula
    ugamler@boyertownasd.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the Home Depot aprons. I may need to put them on my classroom wishlist for parents to get. I team teach, so I'm always looking for a good place to put the books instead of in their desks.
    Thanks,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I was trying to decide if I was going to make the chair pockets but this is so much easier! Thanks! Jaime Riffle
    http://pinterest.com/pin/272045633714592458/
    jlpowell14@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas here! The corner book marks are sweet! I also really like how you easily covered the Home Depot sign.
    Teaching 3rd with Mr. G
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy! I love all of your projects! I would love to make a set of those chair pockets for my classroom!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu have been so busy. Love all of your creations. Thanks for the shout out.
    Hope you have a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chair pockets! Thank you!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/26669822766463163/
    tldarge@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Corner Bookmarks! I also made Behaviour Beads today - I need to get a nice case like you have!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Jennifer, where did you find the time to complete all these Monday Made Its? I am impressed!

    I'm also glad to have found another 4th grade blog to follow!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the behavior bead storage! How cute is the apron idea? I wish I could do that, but my backpacks go on the back of my chairs. :(
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. All wonderful ideas, but I love the chair pockets!

    http://fourthgradeeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your craftiness is amazing and puts me to shame!! I love everything! great job! The brag tags are my favorite!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I haven't thought of the pom-poms on the dry erase markers before now...THANKS for the tip!!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been so busy! When do you go back? Love the bookmark corners. Thanks so much for the visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of your Monday Made It's! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those corner bookmarks are adorable! So glad you stopped by my blog and gave me the heads up about them. :) Can't wait to see more of your classroom! I bet it's cute.

    What is the National Writing Project? (If you've already blogged about it, feel free to direct me to the blog since I'm a new follower.)

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the chair pockets,mew turn our chairs upside down at the end of they day so I can never use them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, you've been super busy! I think I need to get on the ball, lol! Everything looks great! =O)
    Wendy
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything you made! The bookmarks are super cute!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was just thinking about how I was going to store all my brag tags (behavior beads) and now I know! What a great idea. I tried printing them out on colored paper as well thinking I'd save some ink. Epic fail. I moved to matte photo paper until my printer got picky and now I'm just using plain copy paper. It's working great. When laminated, the tags seem plenty durable.

    Those clothespins are adorable! Super find!

    Lori
    Life in Room 24

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the aprons! Great idea! The colored cardstock that you printed in made me literally laugh out loud! I'm glad you posted a pic! We wouldn't get the true affect without seeing it!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/138485757264841484/
    My email is abbbeythurn@gmail.com
    Here's my brand new blog - http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your numbers! So many ways I could use them. http://pinterest.com/pin/211035932511880574/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for creating this! I've been looking for a way to make new seat pockets and this is going to be great. I'm off to Home Depot, this is going to be my weekend project. :) I don't have a blog yet, but its one of my goals to start one up for this school year.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/12314598954264383/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)