Yesterday I found out that I need to start thinking about an area of writing instruction that I would like to research. I have some thoughts rolling around in the back of my brain, but since part of this program is to learn how to provide professional development in writing to my fellow teachers, I thought I would throw this one out to all of you for your feedback.
So.....I am asking for you to think about your writing instruction.
- Does it make you click your heels together or cringe in fear?
- Is it the best part of your teaching day or the worst part? Is it a part at all???
- Are you prepared to incorporate the Common Core Standards into your instruction?
- Are your students active participants in their growth as writers?
- Do you feel comfortable conferencing with your writers?
- Want to learn more about writing across the curriculum?
- Can you connect a student's life as a writer to their life as a reader?
- Are you able to find professional development in writing?
- Is there something else that you want to know more about?
I would really, really, really appreciate it (is that begging??) if you would leave me a quick comment below to let me know what your response is. No response is too small or insignificant. I will consider EVERY comment as I narrow down my topic. Thanks in advance for your help!! :)
Looking forward to hearing from you!