Monday, April 1, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted

 
Being a new blogger, I was excited to find Latoya at Flying Into First Grade's "Let's Get Acquainted" linky party.  My spring break is over, so this is a great way to relax and unwind after a busy day with the kiddos!

PhotoFAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP


I live for shopping!  It is my therapy, next to blog-stalking.  (Much to my husband's dismay...)  My current favorite place to visit when I need something new to brighten my mood is Charming Charlie.  It's like Claire's Boutique for adults and the rainbow of shiny bling that awaits me when I step inside the door just makes me so happy!


FAVORITE TV SHOW

Without a doubt, it is Chicago Fire on NBC on Wednesday nights.  It is the one show that I manage to stay awake after 8:00 just to watch.





FAVORITE SWEET TREAT

Chocolate, need I say more???  I can't teach a day without it!  : )



FAVORITE FOOD

Definitely PIZZA!  When I was pregnant with my son 15 years ago, I ate pizza EVERY day.  We are convinced that is the reason why he has red hair when the rest of us don't. : ) 



FAVORITE RESTAURANT

This one is a toughy.....My current favorite place to have the hubby take me for a dinner out is a small Italian restaurant in a town next to ours called Taste of Italy.  It is in a building that used to be a bank, so they use the old vault as the bar which is so awesome!  There are probably no more than 10 tables in the whole place, so sometimes there is quite a wait,  but the Pasta de Casa and cannoli are TO DIE FOR!!!


8 comments:

  1. Charming Charlie's just opened up here, I'm going to have to go check it out.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Charming Charlies! You can always find fabulous bling in there! I am all about pizza too! Congratulations on your new blog!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! I am your first follower! I found you through Latoya's linky, and I am a fellow 4th grade teacher!

    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only heard of Charming Charlie's but have never been in one. It needs to go on my "to-shop" list:) I also have never watched Chicago Fire since I forget when the new shows are on and rely way too much on my DVR. I need to check it out!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love finding other 4th grade teachers!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S.
    I saw your post about Math Workshop and that book is on my wish list to buy! I know I need a change for math and thank you for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I visited a Charming Charlie's and loved it! Unfortunately, there isn't one where I live. :(

    I really want to watch Chicago Fire but it's on at the same time as Nashville and haven't watched from the beginning so I don't know what's going on. I need to find all the episodes so I can catch up!

    So glad I found your blog! :)

    Bren P. @ The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Charming Charlie's right by my house and I love it! I probably eat pizza at least twice a week, but being raised in Chicago that's to be expected.;) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to join your site after I saw on Mrs. Wilson's link up that your a fellow Wisconsin teacher blogger. :) Cute blog and ideas!
    Kendra
    The Social Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love finding other 4th grade teachers - glad to be your newest follower and thanks so much for your comment on my page. My class LOVED being part of this video - it was a BLAST for all of us!
    :)
    Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)