With summer on the horizon, I'm beginning to think of all the things I want to get finished. So today I'm linking up with A Cupcake for the Teacher's 2nd Annual Summer Bucket List linky party.
Here are my well-intentioned plans, in no particular order of priority:
1. Painting My Office: I have finally chosen the new colors for my office and will begin painting right after school is out (unless I can talk my husband into doing it for me! :)
The darker paint "Lagoon" will be the walls and the lighter paint "Balmy Seas" is for the ceiling. Just the names make me feel more relaxed....What do you think?
I've already gathered some new "art" for the walls...
2. TpT Store: I hope to set up my very own store at Teachers Pay Teachers and want to update many of the things I've created to make them more colorful and better organized.
3. Writing: I will be participating in the National Writing Project at UW-Milwaukee this summer. I am VERY excited for this opportunity and can't wait to get started! My goal is to dedicate more time to writing this summer -- ideally every day. I am thinking about starting a blog about this experience and know of two other bloggers who will be participating in the National Writing Project this summer too. If you have participated or will be doing so this summer and would like to participate in this blog, please leave me a comment below so we can make plans!
4. Get Organized: I need to live by the motto "When in doubt, throw it out" because I have accumulated TOO MUCH STUFF in my short time of teaching. This summer, I want to go through files and drawers and get rid of things that I haven't used but always saved "just in case." I would post pictures of my disorganization, but it is just too embarrassing! :)
5. Read: I love to read all the time, but especially during the summer. This summer, I plan to tackle these two professional development resources (which as you can see, have much to do with my passion for writing):
I also have these resources in my cart at Amazon:
6. Get Together: I read about this great idea to have a Pinterest party from Sarah at Learning is for Superstars. It's hard to go from seeing all of my teaching friends every day to not seeing them for three months, so over the summer I want to have a Pinterest party where we all get together to share something we made (crafty or food) from Pinterest. I think it will be a hit!
7. RELAX: With so many things planned, it's important to remember that I need to relax and rejuvenate for next year. We don't have any family vacation plans this summer because my son and husband will be gone for three weeks to the Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia.
My daughter will be spending every possible moment that she can at the horse farm because she will be helping with Horse Camp this year.
Which leaves me to hang out with my two favorite furry friends.
So what's on your bucket list for the summer? Head on over to A Cupcake for the Teacher and link up!
Wishing you a wonderful week!