So here are five random things from my week.....
1. Organization!: After linking up with Ideas by Jivey's Workshop Wednesday and seeing all of the great ways that everyone was organizing their math manipulatives, I figured it was time for me to get my act together. I began with the math games that I have bought off of TpT. I put each one in a poly folder and created a bin. It's not pretty, but it's MUCH better than hiding them in a drawer!
2. Shedding My Winter Fluff: After months of denying that I needed to become more active, I re-joined Weight Watchers on Sunday. I was a member about 7 years ago and lost about 25 pounds. I'm hoping to do that again. Wish me luck!
3. MAP Testing: Our spring MAP testing is over and I am soooo excited by the growth my kiddos made this year! In reading, we made over 12 points growth from fall to spring and in math, we made almost 15 points growth from fall. (Average growth is about 9 points between fall and spring.) Yippeee!!! The best news is that in reading, I only have two readers who are slightly under grade level benchmark and in math, I have only one. All three of these students came to this year working at the early/mid 3rd grade level so they have grown by leaps and bounds this year! Celebration!!!
4. Summer Writing: On Wednesday, I met with the coordinators of the UW-Milwaukee Summer Writing Project to discuss my inquiry question that I will be working on at the National Writing Project Summer Inquiry Institute. I'm not 100% settled yet, but I'm leaning toward researching ways to help students set goals for their writing and work through the revision process. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that my students feel it is "one and done" with their writing and revision is not a part of their writing process. Ughhh... I can't wait to begin researching to see what the experts say. I'll keep you posted!
5. Gardening Galore: My spring tulips are in full bloom around the yard and I just love all the bright colors!
How was your week? Head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link up!
Wishing you an amazing weekend!