So here are five things from my week that I would like to share:
(1) Teacher Appreciation Week: Unless you were living in a cave this week, you are probably aware that it was Teacher Appreciation Week. :) This week, our school's PTO gave us gift cards to Jimmy Johns and our principal bought us a very yummy pizza lunch on Thursday. It was a great week!
(2) Mythology: We have been studying Mythology in our literacy block and the kids have been LOVING it! When I began teaching this last year because of Common Core, I was majorly freaked out! I knew NOTHING about mythology. But like all good teachers, I hunted down some "experts" on TPT and learned from them. I am excited to pick up this goodie this week at the big sale from Fork in 4th:
(3) Biography Projects: We have finished up our Biography research projects. On Thursday, my kids presented their findings to the class. They had to have a visual aid for their presentation and some of my kids got REALLY creative!
I love that Anne is holding her diary and a pencil! So clever!
Talk about a bad hair day, Al! And those "skinny jeans" are a bit disturbing! :)
To earn extra credit, they could dress up like the person they studied. One of my boys dressed up like Thomas Edison -- he even had light bulbs on his bow tie!
(4) A Birdie Visitor: Last weekend, I bought a beautiful red geranium for my front porch.
When I came home THREE separate days this week, a bird had begun building a nest inside of my new plant. (Can you see it there right above my logo?) Each day, I would carefully remove the nest because there was NO WAY I was going to be able to water it. Well, today when I went out there, there was a new nest AND two little eggs...
So I guess now the bird won.....It can stay. :)
(5) PERSONAL DAY!: Today I took a personal day just for myself. :) I took my dog Toby to the Puppy Spa for his annual summer haircut.....He was NOT pleased...But he looks SOOO cute!
Then I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some new goodies for my home office. I am in the process of redecorating my sewing room into an office, since I seem to be blogging more than sewing, and I wanted the room to look pretty. So here is what I found:
I think I will paint the walls a light turquoise. It will look GREAT when it is done!
I hope you had a great week and will have an even BETTER weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!