Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Peek at My Week {8-03-14}

I hope this Sunday finds you well and ready for the first whole week of August!  I'm glad you are here.  It's time for us to all share what we've got planned for the week with A Peek at My Week.
I know many of you are getting ready to go back to school.  If you are one of those people, I wish you your best year ever!  I go back on August 26th, with students starting September 2nd.

On Monday, I am teaching a class about writing for my district.  I am very excited, but also a lot nervous. Last week I wrote about posting class information using LiveBinder and it generated a lot of questions and comments.  If you'd like to take a look at the LiveBinder I created, you can find it here.  It was pretty easy to put together and I like that it can be a resource that I can keep adding to.  Let me know what you think if you take a look.

On Tuesday, I am so excited to be attending EdCamp Lake Country.  This will be my second EdCamp and I am taking along a few teachers from school and our principal.  If you've never been to an EdCamp, you really MUST find one in your area. (You can find a directory of EdCamps here.)  They are amazing PD opportunities!
EdCamp-LakeCountry-Logo-CMYK.jpg
Also, this Monday and Tuesday, I will be doing a lot of shopping at the Teachers Pay Teachers Back to School SALE!  Many stores (including mine) are going to be up to 28% off with the code BTS14.  My cart is loaded and ready for check out.  I'm really glad I finished my Writer's Notebook Reference product in time for the sale.

250 × 120



Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you are going to another edcamp! I have to get to one!
    Looking forward to hearing about it.
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck teaching your class! Those teachers are so lucky to have such a knowledgeable instructor - I wish I lived closer so I could come too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I am feeling a little jealous that you are going back so much later than we are. However, we are done in mid-May, so I can't complain. Thank you for posting your Live Binder. I played around with this a little last year, but I couldn't visualize what I wanted it to look like. Good luck with your class!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your Live Binder! I am very interested. I was part of the National Writing project this summer through my local UC. It was a great experience. I am so jazzed and ready to start teaching writing in my classroom this fall. I enjoy reading your blog, especially your writing posts. Did you ever implement the Writing Circles in your classroom? I read the book this summer, and I am interested in starting that in my classroom this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!
      How exciting to be a part of the NWP! Just like you, I learned so much from my experience in the summer institute. Yes, I did use Writing Circles in my classroom this past year and the students loved it. You can find the posts about it over in the sidebar on the right. I am looking forward to doing it again this year.

      I also wanted to let you know that you are a "no reply blogger," which means I can't contact you through email to reply to your comments. If you want to change that, you can google it and there are lots of helpful tutorials.

      Have a great day!
      Jennifer

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)