Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Peek at My Week {2-16-14}

Here we are at the gateway to another week.  I know last week was a rough week for many of you -- the weather was crazy, wasn't it?  Hopefully life will be calmer for us all this week.  Thanks for stopping by to take a Peek at My Week.  I hope you will link up to share your week as well!
Well, it's not just the weather that has made this a crazy year.  My schedule at school keeps changing.  I think I'm on my 8th version of the original.  Classes get moved around, interventions change and priorities get reassigned.  It's a good thing I'm flexible!  :)

Starting Monday, I will begin a new intervention group using the Comprehension Toolkit program.  Are you familiar with this program?  It helps students really understand informational text.  A few weeks ago, I shared our goal of moving "gray area" kids up.  This intervention will hopefully do just that.  
In my guided reading groups this week, we will be working on point of view.  I love teaching this topic because I get to use some really fun mentor texts!




Many of these are from my favorite genre -- fractured fairy tales.  Can't wait!

We were supposed to have a day off of school this upcoming Friday, but due to the two polar vortexes that blanked the country, we now have school.  :((  Oh well, spring break is only something like six weeks away.  I wonder if there will still be snow....

So what do you have going on this week?  I'd love it if you would link up and share your plans.




Have a great week!  Stay warm!!

5 comments:

  1. Our reading teacher has the Comprehension Toolkit, but I don't know a whole lot about it. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after using it.

    I love teaching point of view. It is my absolute favorite. (Although my students will tell you I say all of the units are my favorites.)

    Have a great week!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new ways to reach my special needs kiddos - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love point of view! Those are excellent books! Thank you for sharing and hosting. Your blog is fantastic, as always!
    Yours in Science-
    The Jr. Mad Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Comprehension Tool Kit is amazing! I love the guided lessons and texts they've chosen for the lessons to get students to think deeper! I also love your selection of fractured fairy tales for point of view. Have you read Judy Blume's The Pain and the Great One? You might like that one too! Have a super week Jennifer!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)