Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Peek at My Week {11-04-13}

Happy Sunday!  What are you doing with your extra hour today?  I managed to get myself and my two teenagers to early church (8:00) and back home before 10:00.

Then I took my son, Ryan, driving for the VERY FIRST TIME.  It actually went really well.  I was a lot calmer than he was and once he figured out which pedal was the brake and which was the gas, the ride got a lot smoother.  We went up the street, turned around in the cul-de-sac then came back up the driveway.  I think I'll let his dad take it from here.  After all, I taught Ryan how to walk, how to talk, how to ride a bike, how to use the potty, and pretty much gave him life....I think teaching him to drive should be dad's duty, don't you?

Anyways....on with A Peek at My Week!
Teaching wise, this will be a very light week due to five days of state testing.  Blahh...

While there is nothing that can really be done to "study" for the test, I feel my kiddos are ready.  As a little motivator every day, I found these fun postcards at Technology Rocks. Seriously and will leave a different message on my kiddos' desks along with a piece of candy every morning.






Aren't those fun?  

Also, on Saturday I will be presenting my inquiry project on using mentor texts to revise writing at the UW-Milwaukee Writing Project's Conference on the Teaching of Writing.  This is the highlight of our summer institute and I'm looking forward to seeing all of my writing friends again.

Now it's your turn!  What's going on in your world this week?


7 comments:

  1. I love the notes of encouragement. I pinned them for the spring when we give our state tests. Good luck with your presentation on Saturday. I am sure it will be wonderful!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice touch! They'll love the postcard treats!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the notes with the treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to test this week and sorry you have a son that's learning to drive!!!! LOL! My son is 14 1/2, so just a little ways off and I'll be in your shoes! I'm glad you motivate them with little treats, I do the same thing! Sugar can always motivate me!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute ideas for positive treats! Good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GAWD my oldest is 12 and I'm scared to think about getting to that point! Bless you!!!
    ;) Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  7. These notes are just the cutest!!!!!!! Good luck with your presentation! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)