Saturday, November 2, 2013

CURRENTLY November....WHAT???

How did October manage to sneak by???  Is anyone else feeling this way?  I had a dream the other night that it was June and summer vacation was starting.  It was SO REAL!  Of course, when I woke up, I was a little relieved that I didn't miss eight months of my life, but the way October went, it sure seemed possible.

So without further ado, here's what I'm CURRENTLY doing for November, compliments of Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade.  (Better capture that "currently" before it turns into a "recently"...)

Listening:  I love the early morning when no one else is awake and there is pure silence in the house.  This is my time to read (or, more likely, spend an hour on Pinterest).

Loving:  Our local apple orchard picks the apples for you and puts them all in large barrels.  If you walk around and put a nice variety in your bag, you will get the BEST pies!   I think I will head there today...

Thinking:  I am very lucky to have the family, friends and "things" in my life that I have been given.  More and more every day, I realize that not everyone has these gifts, which makes me appreciate them even more.

Wanting:  It is going to be a rather cool day...a perfect time to bake something yummy!

Needing:  No matter how much I think I won't forget, if I don't write things down I spend more time trying to remember what I was supposed to remember than actually doing it.  Such a waste of time!  If I would just spend the 15 seconds to write things down, I would have so much more time in my day.

Yummy Pin:  Saw this one on Pinterest this morning (you know, when I was spending my early morning hours "reading"):
Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Layer Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, Maple Cream Cheese Frosting,
Doesn't this look delicious???  Love this recipe from The Novice Chef.  You might just find one of these in my oven later today!

So that's what I've CURRENTLY got going on!  

Check back tomorrow for my weekly linky party, A Peek at My Week!  I hope you will link up and share some highlights of your upcoming week!
Until tomorrow....Have a great Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. I live across the street from an orchard and love being able to go get apples! That cake looks absolutely delicious. I am a fan of anything pumpkin!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That pumpkin cake looks amazing. I am going to have to try that out this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An apple orchard! How perfect is that for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the apple orchard...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to an apple orchard. Sounds dreamy to me! As does that dreamy cake!! I'm right there with you on needing to write things down. I have to do lists everywhere and notes about what needs to be done. Enjoy the weekend!
    Angie
    Monahan Monkey Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning silence seems to be a theme in everyone's Currentlies this month. I guess as teachers we spend the school week surrounded by people and noise, so that quiet time when we can get it is even more special!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy I have to have to have to write things down. Sometimes my memory is so bad I forget what I'm writing down AS I'm writing it!!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I generally don't care for pumpkin food, but that cake could probably change my mind! Yum!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love checking out new blogs after seeing others on Oh' Boy. Another Wisconsin Blogger!!!! We go to Helene's in Merrill every year as a family tradition. I can't wait to check out your blog even further! Come on over and visit...
    http://scienceschoolyard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)